Sunday, April 11, 2010

Getting Closer

Free Motion Quilting Part 2 of ?

Having completed 20 paper “quilts” I wanted to try my hand with real quilting on a sandwich. This photo is my first attempt (back side):

I think I’m ready to tackle a “Quilt for Kids” with free motion machine quilting. According to an email I received, my kit should arrive Tuesday. In the mean time I’ve used some scraps and “Goodwill” fabrics to create an “Arthur” quilt top for the charity.

About 3 hours are invested in this so far (including cutting the fabric). I don’t have a backing yet – hopefully I’ll get lucky at a thrift store sometime over the next several weeks.

Back to practice! ~~K

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is an impressive first attempt on fabric. Wish I had your mad sewing skills...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I'm glad you are making quilts for them. I've found it really fun, easy and rewarding! The quilt top looks great and your free motion does too.

    ReplyDelete