Thursday, May 2, 2013

Geranium Starts

Would you believe this is a current photo of a geranium/spike planter I received several Mother's Days ago?

I cut off the ends of the longest branches to encourage new growth. Success - and it's only mid-April!*

After leaving the cuts to air dry for a few days I dipped them in water, then rooting compound. Then I put them in cups with seed starting mix to develop a root system.


A photo needs to be taken in several months to note their growth. Fingers crossed!

Now I have 9 new plants!

The center tiny plants were mid-branch cuts that didn't have any leaves and were technically too woody to attempt rooting. They may be "runts" but they are my geranium babies.

*Time flies - I wrote this several weeks ago and didn't post - look how much the little plants have grown!



"Greening" to be continued.

1 comment: