Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stepper to Treadmill

Finally, a treadmill has replaced the step machine! It’s going to take some practice on my part. I want to be able to do both walking and running without holding on and hopefully not even touching the treadmill. I felt like it was going faster than what was shown on the display; also our room is warmer than I’m used to at the Y – perhaps I’ll use the fan frequently. I’m considering repeating some of the C25k weekly workouts to get up to a decent hands-free run on the treadmill.
The display is different than the ones at the Y, but I like how it keeps track of laps on the counter as well as a visual oval for a quarter mile track. It seems to read heart beats accurately when you press one of the buttons with your thumb – I’m thinking it will work even when I’m hot and sweaty since my thumbs are usually dry (the Y doesn’t read correctly when my hands are wet).I’m so happy that it doesn’t seem to bother D’s knees. Sunday he used it once in the afternoon and again in the evening with no pain and was still pain-free Monday morning. ~~K

1 comment:

  1. Sweet!!! That treadmill looks great. The lap feature is especially nice...

    ReplyDelete