Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Seed Tape DIY

Wind! It blows so much out here in the countryside of BG. Great for the windmills, but it makes it difficult to plant seeds outside.

I've resorted to making my own seed tape for most all of my small seeds. Some are in strips and planted directly into the soil outside; others are prepared to place in flowerpots (this makes it so easy to interval plant salad greens in pots every several weeks throughout the season).


Some say to make a flour/water paste, but I'm lazy and like to streamline things so I just use washable school glue. I just glue the seeds on paper towels cut to the shape and size I need. I haven't noticed any problems with it breaking down too quickly but it keeps the seeds in place as long as I need.

Looking forward to the "greening"! You do know my favorite color is green!?!

"Greening" to be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment