Monday, February 9, 2009

Chicken Days

After so many days of no homecooked meals, I had to make up for it. On Saturday I pulled together two chicken dishes that we ate all weekend:


Lunch: Chicken Tortilla Soup with sour cream and tortilla chips (I was a bit surprised the first time I made this how much D enjoyed it). The recipe came from the back of an Aldi’s broth carton.

Supper: Drunken Chicken – need I say more? The neck area was almost too crispy, as in almost burned, but I think it’s so much easier to bake it in the oven than on the grill since it’s such a hassle to deal with outdoor grill grates. Next time I might place foil over the top of the chicken as it nears the end of cooking (like for pie crusts).~~K

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those meals look amazing!!!

    Is that the same soup that you made a few months ago when we were there? If so, could I have that recipe?

    Mmmmm, drunken chicken rocks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello D&K, The chicken looks lovely. But it made me think of beer and how much I miss it. Anyways, I have entered the blog world and I was happy to see you guys were here too.

    ReplyDelete