Thursday, July 30, 2009

Little Shutterbug

Toledo Zoo as photographed by Z

I was quite impressed by the shots Z took at the zoo last Friday!


While watching the polar bears I realized she was quite adept using the zoom feature as well as framing a shot.

Her patience let her get this photo of the bear lifting an “ice block” (Styrofoam) he had been playing with for a long time.

She was quite observant and caught the camels from another area of the zoo.Even though the outdoor penguin exhibit was being renovated she found the hanging plants above the moat interesting enough to want to capture its beauty.
Within the indoor portion of the new children’s area she took some more pictures.


The “closeup” below (it's the acutal photo she took - it is not cropped or photoshopped in any way) reminds me of something you might see in National Geographic. Do you know what it is? (place your answer in the comments and later I’ll post the distance shot Z took of this object)



It's a mushroom top inside Nature's Neighborhood Forest at the zoo.
It reminded me of the fairy forest area of Splash Village in Frankenmouth.

I think she has a good eye for design with potential as a photographer! ~~K

4 comments:

  1. Ever since she was tiny, we have always had her take shots of Dave and I together because everytime she always has us centered and focused. In fact, my current profile pic on fb is one that Z took of us on vacation!

    We got her a camera of her own to take on our next vacation so she can have free range of shots. That is super cool you let her take some pics and noticed her talent. I'll have her read your blog:o)

    Regarding the pic, you threw me by saying national geographic. To me it looks like the top of a painted metal stool... but it if is natural... a turtle shell?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a "fake" mushroom top! I've added the photo to the end of the "Little Shutterbug" post.

    ReplyDelete