Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Round, 'n Round, 'n Round...

After school Tuesday I had planned to run down the road near home; but at 3:45 when I checked the weather the wind was 10.4 mph. Since I usually have my gym bag in the car, I changed into my running gear and headed toward the 1/8 mile track on school grounds. I was hoping the track might not be as “windy” since it is sheltered by the school building and is in town.

As I jogged in 73 degrees (this is November?) I was occasionally joined by a child on the track or pleasantly yelled a greeting by a student. It didn’t seem very windy as I ran 2 miles within 22 minutes, but felt quite tired and finished up with brisk walking to fill 30 minutes.

My glutes and inner thighs were unusually “tired” today. Perhaps because I “climbed” for 10 minutes at a 10% incline at about 4.2 mph yesterday at the Y after completing 30 minutes of strength training

Sorry about the window screen grids in the photos – taken from 3rd floor inside. ~~K

3 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! Where is that track? W Elem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent fitness rolemodel for the students!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's at W. G doesn't have one; and H's has been so chopped up by moving so many modular classrooms on it and around it. I still hope to get the the HS to use the track sometime.

    ReplyDelete