Wednesday, November 12, 2008

November Menu 1

I enjoy reading and seeing what you’re eating, but I’m not quite the picture taker/uploader like you guys. So I’ll at least try to fill you in periodically on what D and I have for supper – you can probably count on the next day’s lunch being the evening before’s leftovers.

Thurs Nov 6 – Eggplant lasagna (several weeks ago I made a big batch and froze half of it), garlic bread and salad – D thought it was better than the first time around

Fri - Potato/Cabbage soup (includes cut-up ham) – a thrown together recipe I mixed together the night before

Sat - Steak and salad (all prepared by D)

Sun - Meatloaf, baked sweet potatoes, salad

Mon - Stuffed Green Peppers (baked yesterday so the flavors would be enhanced today), baked white potatoes, salad

Tues - Homemade chili mac on whole wheat spaghetti with salad – for some reason we both thought this was one of the tastiest, best meals we’ve had in a while – I made the sauce before school so maybe that helped the flavor along with the extra minced garlic I added
Wed – grilled pork, stuffing, broccoli with cut up peppers and onion, salad ~~K

4 comments:

  1. Your dinners look and sound so tasty! They are all so balanced (salads, veggies, etc) and different each day. Did you follow a recipe for the eggplant lasagna or come up with one of your own? (Chili mac is one of my favorite meals of all time! YUM!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seldom use a recipe for anything. Even the eggplant lasagna was one of my put-togethers. Just take the basics and do your own adjustments - it sounds like you're getting there - didn't you just write about adjusting a recipe the other day? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmm... that stuffing looks really really good! Is it box? For some reason, box is my favorite:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the stuffing is Aldi's chicken - I sometimes add things to it (especially celery). I don't even like home-made from bread anymore and that was all my mom ever made.

    ReplyDelete