Sunday, November 23, 2008

Squirrel and an Early Christmas Present

Based on the picture I saw on BMA’s blog I think I have finally used a “squirrel”. I just realized Ft. Meigs has two PRECOR AMT 100i Adaptive Motion Trainers. After I ran 2 miles around the track I got on one of them and did another mile – it started out feeling like a step machine, but as I went faster it felt like I was running, but without the impact. It sure got my heart beating fast (?too fast) very quickly and I was burning just over 10 calories a minute! What a workout – I don’t think I could do 30 minutes on it without a lot of conditioning and building up to it, or else going quite slowly.
Thursday D gave me an early Christmas present – a remote car starter on the Suburu was installed! I’m looking forward to having a warmer car before I get in it – that station wagon doesn’t have as powerful of a heater/defroster as the others. Can you see it’s little blue lights through the windshield? ~~K

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! What an awesome present!

    Doesn't the squirrel rock? You can burn so many calories on that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet present!!! That will come in so handy on cold mornings. :)

    ReplyDelete