Friday, January 16, 2009

Snow in Morocco and It’s Cold Here

I guess it was time for me to get a geography lesson - I didn’t realize Ifrane (where M K&Z are) was known as Little Switzerland. They recently received 14 inches of snow – quite a plus for the local ski resorts. I was also surprised to learn the coldest recorded temperature in all of Africa was a negative 23 C (around –9 F) in Ifrane in 1935! Al Akawayn University’s web site home page has a beautiful winter slide show now – check it out at http://www.aui.ma/
Ok, out of Africa and back to the Midwest USA – it’s COLD! It’s windier today so I went online to see what the temperature felt like if you factor in windchill:

Our weather hub was showing –12 at the same time; perhaps the online probe is out in the open while our probe is under the deck railing. I checked Ifrane's weather - it's 45 F there now.


Pics are really computer screen shots rather than digital photos – apologies in advance if they’re hard to view. ~~K

5 comments:

  1. So much for global warming, huh? When I left for work it was -16. Luckily the wind isn't ferocious so it isn't as bad as you would think (especially walking around downtown!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some say global warming - I say it's chaotic climate change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Yogi Tea samples are on their way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does that say -45F wind chill?!!!?!?!?!

    That is so insane!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brrr... It makes Mike and I want a treadmill (but not really, we both can't stand running on them). How do you acquire these Yogi tea samples?! I am trying out a new Berry Green Tea from Giant Eagle today.

    ReplyDelete