Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Five, Six, Pick up Sticks

...and twigs, branches, limbs, etc.
Even though it’s colder than I expect in March, the bright sunshine keeps drawing me outside. There is so much outdoor yard work to do, but dealing with “sticks” seemed the first order of business.
Windy days have broken many limbs that will require D and a chainsaw rather than me and my small clippers. I didn’t actually pick up sticks, I starting cutting sticks and making piles. I stayed outside until my face was frozen – that only took about 45 minutes – so there is still much to do around all the trees. In some ways, it looks like a bigger mess than when I started.
Some calm day we’ll enjoy a nice bonfire with all this yard debris. ~~K

3 comments:

  1. Brrr, it's cold outside to be doing yardwork! At least you were able to get some nice fresh air!

    I'm looking forward to a nice bonfire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you should borrow Sam for a day. One of his favorite things to do outside it collect all the sticks. The other day he literally filled an entire garbage can with sticks from around our yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - Let me know when you're in BG and I'll "hire" Sam. Remember when I paid you little ones a penny a piece to pick up pine cones?

    ReplyDelete