Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Kentucky Ancestors

While visiting cousins in KY, two of my sisters (R & B) and I also went to some of our ancestors’ burial plots.

Grandma O’s parents are in Rock Springs Cemetery.


Grandpa O’s father is in Orange Cemetery (thanks S). It is located in Butler County, KY - near & East of Davis Crossroads on Highway 629 - also known as "New Orange Cemetery" & "Newt Orange Cemetery".


Grandpa O’s brother is in the Quality Missionary Baptist Church Cementery (Forgytown, Butler County, KY).


Grandpa O’s sister and her husband are in Smith Cemetery in Logan County. It was interesting to learn than Rube's real name was William Ruby Anderson - even his tombstone is not accurate. Some of their "neighbors" are from the Revolutionary War period, including one of George Washington's guides.


Despite the rain and tornado warnings we made our “visits”. ~K

2 comments:

  1. Cool. I went there with my Mom and Grandma too. I have "everything" for the Oranges back to the Huegonots (I can't remember how to spell that). We were able to visit Louis and Barbara when we went and they had a lot of info. I have it all - many pages. Would love to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cool that you were able to visit the cemetaries despite the weather...

    ReplyDelete