Sunday, March 8, 2009

Seven, Eight, Lay Them Straight

Since the ground is still spongy, this is the best way to move the yard debris – place it (straight) on a tarp and drag it. I was afraid the tractor and cart would do more damage than help.

It ended up this load was too heavy for D and I to take in only one trip to the burn pile. We halved it and it worked fine. Next time we did smaller loads to begin with. BD&Z were out Saturday and even Z helped “lay them straight” and transport.

Nine, Ten, Let the Burn Begin
…attempt #1

Of course, not everything is cut and hauled yet, but I was anxious to start the burning process. Even though most of the debris is dead wood, it was too damp to catch the small flame – some smoke, then nothing. To be continued…

Nine, Ten, Let the Burn Begin
…attempt #2

Success! Tiki torch fuel does wonders! Most of you know “playing with fire” is one of my favorite activities and there’s plenty of wood for more fires. I’m very glad we accomplished so much outside work on Saturday, because look what has arrived …

Lake Bradley
It’s been raining non-stop for about the last 15 hours and Lake Bradley has reappeared. (excuse the photo quality – shot through the window screens)

As well as a few new bodies of water. I don’t recall seeing standing water on the east side of the pine tree like this before.

Rain, Rain, go Away! ~~K

3 comments:

  1. Is it 70 and sunny at Lake Bradley?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 54 degrees, the first non-raining hour out of the last 24, and there's a tornado watch. As I sit here in the living room I can here the wind. Beautiful! LOL

    Oh, and Lake Bradley has expanded since that photo was taken. There are also "ponds" over by the bocce court I've never seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I really type here instead of hear?!

    ReplyDelete