Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pot ‘o Gold

…aka Potato Soup

While searching for some Irish recipes I came across this Pot o' Gold Potato Soup that I used as a jumping off point for my own version.

My additions included one large potato (cooked and cubed), 1 chopped carrot, 2 slices of ham about 3/8” thick, and more cheese than called for in the actual recipe. I used water instead of chicken broth; I didn’t use any milk or sour cream (if I had them I would use them, but just water was fine – even D said he’d like to have this soup again). Sorry for the poor photo – it’s of the leftovers I had for lunch at school.
The instant potatoes I used were from a bag I bought at GFS to try before K&P’s Celtic wedding – these are the ones we did not like, but this was a good way to use some of them, and mixed with everything else they were fine.

Wouldn’t some of that sweet potato bread (recipe on Bake and Brew blog) be good with this? ~~K

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, that potato soup looks so good! I love soup. You're right - sweet potato bread would go great with that!

    ReplyDelete