Thursday, April 16, 2009

Reuse

Plastic grocery bags were acting like rabbits in our pantry. It was time to get them under control, but I’ve never had (nor wanted) one of those cutesy bag dispensers.

We recently used up the last of a coffee container. It was rinsed, but not yet disposed. So, I’m sure you figured out by now what it became…
A plastic grocery bag dispenser!

I first cut a ½ diameter hole out of the center, then cut “pie slices” evenly around the lid.

NOTE: Most of the bags were NOT true grocery bags since I carry my own sturdy bags to Aldi’s. The offending bags included ones from Kroger, Meijer, WalMart, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, etc. I still don’t feel these stores are “bring-your-own bag- friendly”, even though they sell reusable bags plastered with their own logo! When I remember to carry my own bags to these vendors I first have to endure the “evil eye” of the “greeter”, then the cashier’s – most of the bagging stations can’t accommodate any bags other than their flimsy plastic ones. Can you tell this is one of my “pet peeves”? ~~K

3 comments:

  1. lol-- I just saw your blog list title! Love it!

    Great idea with the bags! Mine isn't nearly as creative-- a slit in the bottom of a children's place bag and all the other bags stuffed in hanging in our cabinet. Yours is much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can also recycle the plastic bags at most kroger locations.

    ReplyDelete