Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shopping

…more “Friday Fun”

We left home about 9 am Friday for a fun day in the Howell/Brighton, Michigan area. Of course I had to stop at Speedway in Pburg to get English toffee coffee for the road – unfortunately, mine was not up to par since it tasted more like flavored milk than any type of coffee drink.

After an uneventful drive (the best kind) we arrived at Tanger Outlets in Howell, MI about 11:15. We were surprised by the amount of snow still showing in the area, including the outlet parking lot.
We split our shopping into two segments. The first lasted until 1:15. We then “broke” for a trip to Brighton for lunch and sightseeing. Our outlet shopping resumed about 5:15, but only took about an hour to conclude.

Fossil is probably D’s favorite outlet in both Tanger and Birch Run, so it was the first store of the day for us. It was not a disappointment – he had wanted a passport case and found one he liked. As a “list-maker” you know how much I like notebooks, and found one that I “had to have” that holds a small legal size pad.
Nike+ Structure Triax 11 was the buy of the day! I paid $95 for this comfortable running shoe in October at Dave’s in Pburg. I bought a duplicate pair at the Nike outlet for $59. I couldn’t resist!

Other purchases (I don’t feel we splurged too much) included a Bass shirt for D for $5 (normally $44), an Aeropostle sweater for me for $4.50 (also normally $44), a Children’s Place shirt for Z, several slotted serving spoons and a bottle opener at Kitchen Collection, Bath & Body Works lotion for me and soaps I’ll use only when we have company, and a glasses case at Rue 21 (I love looking at all the “youthful” clothing and accessories – all for “tiny” bodies).

Whole Foods proved irresistible as we approached I-94 in Ann Arbor. I had never been there and was very reluctant to buy much due to the high cost of most anything “green” “or organic”. The concept is great, but it just doesn’t fit in my budget. I’m glad we went and had a great time browsing.
The thought of going on down the road to Trader Joe’s crossed our minds but we were just “shopped out” and tired at that point. At least we have been to TJ’s and can leave that for another day.

As we neared Dundee, D suggested we do a quick stop at Cabelas. On our last visit to R & B’s I had found a pair of shoes I wanted at Cabelas but they didn’t have them in my size and I was unwilling to pay a shipping fee to get them sent to me. Yea – they had them - just what I wanted and they are so comfortable! And thank goodness it was just a quick 10-minute stop since we were quite tired. Thank you, D.
As we continued home we saw many deer in fields – at one point a small herd of seven.

It was about 9:30 as we pulled into the driveway to conclude our fun Friday. ~~K

4 comments:

  1. I love your new shoes! They look so comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shoe finds! So, are you going to make use of the passport now? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can think of a place you guys could go to use the passport case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day! Your shoes are so cute.

    ReplyDelete